Butter Chicken Drumsticks
A tasty combination of chicken and an Indian classic.
View the method
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup butter chicken curry paste
- ½ cup cream
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3 cm piece of ginger, peeled, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed
- 3 cucumbers
- ½ cup coriander leaves
Back to ingredients
- Using a sharp knife make two deep cuts into each chicken drumstick. Combine 2 tablespoons lemon juice and salt. Rub lemon mixture into cuts in chicken. Place chicken drumsticks into a shallow ceramic dish in a single layer.
- Place curry paste, cream, onion, garlic, ginger and chilli into a food processor. Process until a smooth paste forms. Pour mixture over chicken. Turn drumsticks to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place a cooling rack over tray. Place drumsticks onto rack and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with cucumber salad.
- To make cucumber salad: using a vegetable peeler, thinly peel down the length of the cucumber forming ribbons. Place into a bowl. Add coriander leaves and remaining lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
For more delicious chicken recipes, visit inghams.co.nz