Butter chicken drumsticks
A delicious combination of tasty chicken drumsticks and classic butter chicken sauce. This recipe is a part of our Chicken Drumstick Recipe Collection.
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup butter chicken curry paste
- ½ cup cream
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3 cm piece of ginger, peeled, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed
- 3 cucumbers
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- Using a sharp knife make two deep cuts into each chicken drumstick. Combine 2 tablespoons lemon juice and salt. Rub lemon mixture into cuts in chicken. Place chicken drumsticks into a shallow ceramic dish in a single layer.
- Place curry paste, cream, onion, garlic, ginger and chilli into a food processor. Process until a smooth paste forms. Pour mixture over chicken. Turn drumsticks to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place a cooling rack oven tray. Place drumsticks on a rack and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with cucumber salad.
To make cucumber salad: using a vegetable peeler, thinly peel down the length of the cucumber forming ribbons. Place into a bowl. Add coriander leaves and remaining lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Want your drumsticks extra saucy? Cook them in a deep baking tray with the extra sauce they marinated in overnight!
How long will my butter chicken drumsticks last?
Once cooked, You can store your butter chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. When reheating butter chicken, allow time for it to defrost, then reheat on a frying pan or in the microwave.
How can I increase the spiciness of this dish?
Add ½ tsp of cayenne for extra heat in your butter chicken!