Cheese and Onion Rolls
This bakery classic is a delicious afternoon snack!
View the method
- 1 375g Packet of Pams Tasty Grated Cheese
- 1 tin Pams evaporated milk
- 1 packet Pams onion soup mix
- 1/2 loaf Pams white sandwich sliced bread
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 200°C. In a saucepan over a low heat, stir together the soup mix and the evaporated milk until the mixture has thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese.
- Do not return to the heat once the cheese has been added as if it boils the cheese will go stringy. Allow the mix to cool. Spread one side of the slices of bread with the butter.
- Turn over and place buttered side down - preferably on a board. Spread about 2 Tbsp cheese and onion mix on the unbuttered side and roll the bread slice up.
- Secure with a toothpick. Place on a baking paper-lined baking tray. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden and hot.
- Remove toothpicks and serve hot as a snack or finger food.
- Garnish with parsley or your favourite green herbs.