Cheesy bacon spinach dip
Dips are a classic crowdpleaser, and nothing beats this cheesy version. Serve with fresh bread or corn chips to dip - yum!
- 6 rashers of bacon, diced
- 230g cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & Pepper
1. Heat a large frypan over medium to high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy (6-8 minutes). Set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Lightly oil a baking tray.
3. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in the diced bacon, spinach, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Spread the mixture into the baking tray. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese over the mixture.
5. Bake until bubbling and golden - about 20-25 minutes.
6. Serve immediately, garnished with bacon and parsley.
Delicious served with bread, crackers or corn chips to dip.