Chicken and Burghul Salad
Burghul, also know as bulghur wheat, is a versatile Middle Eastern staple - try this tasty chicken recipe using burghul!
View the method
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 tsp sumac
- 800g chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup burghul
- 200g green beans cut into 3cm lengths
- 3 cups fresh continental parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (dressing)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (dressing)
Back to ingredients
- Combine lemon juice, honey, sumac and oil in a shallow bowl, add chicken, and turn to coat well. Cover, refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking tray with baking paper. Prepare burghul as per packet directions, drain well, transfer to large bowl. Cook beans in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, refresh in cold water, drain.
- Place chicken on prepared baking tray, bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside for 2 minutes to rest.
- To make dressing, whisk ingredients together.
- Add beans, parsley, cranberries and pine nuts to burghul. Toss gently to combine. Slice chicken thinly, serve with burghul salad, and drizzle with dressing.