Chicken and Pumpkin Casserole
Crockpots (or slow cookers) are great for busy people. With a little preparation in the morning (or the night before), you can come home to a tasty hot meal at the end of a busy day. This chicken casserole has plenty of veggies and is perfect for a cold winter night.
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 500 grams pumpkin, skin removed and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 can tomato-based pasta sauce (420 gram can)
- 1 bag frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1 can chickpeas (420 gram can), drained and rinsed
- Place all ingredients, except chickpeas and frozen vegetables, in slow cooker and cook on LOW for 8 hours (check manufacturer instructions).
- Or if you don't have a slow cooker, put ingredients in casserole dish and cook in an oven at 180 degrees for about 1 hour.
- Add chickpeas and frozen vegetables towards the end of cooking and cook for another 30 minutes (or until veggies are warm through).
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice and steamed broccoli.