Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
Serve up lots of colourful, bright vegetables with this kid-favourite chicken & vegetable stir fry. This is light zesty stir fry that’s perfect for summer but tastes just as good any time of the year.
View the method
- 2 tbsp oil, separated
- 400g boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cornflour, mixed with
- 2 tsp water
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, grated or julienned
- ½ head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
Back to ingredients
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a wok over a high heat.
- Add chicken and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes until starting to brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add broccoli and asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add carrot and red cabbage and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from the pan.
- Add another 1 tbsp oil to the pan, and once hot sauté ginger and garlic for 1 minute.
- Then add soy sauce, lemon juice, honey and cornflour slurry.
- Once combined and thick, add chicken and vegetables back to the pan and toss to coat in the sauce.
- Serve with rice and top with sesame seeds.