Chocolate and Berry Tart
A decadent chocolate tart, topped with your favourite summer berries.
View the method
- 2 sheets Pams Sweet Short Pastry, defrosted
- 400g cream cheese
- ¼ cup Pams Caster Sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp Pams Imitation Vanilla Essence
- 1 tsp gelatine dissolved in ¼ cup boiling water, then cooled
- 300g Pams Dark or Milk Chocolate buttons, melted and cooled
- 2 cups mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries,
- Pams Icing Sugar for dusting
Back to ingredients
- Grease a 22cm pie dish, line with pastry and trim or fold the excess. Pinch edges to neaten.
- Prick the pastry base with a fork and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line pastry with baking paper and fill with baking beans or rice and bake blind for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; remove the baking paper and baking beans and bake pastry for 10 minutes. When brown, remove pastry and cool on a rack.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in sour cream, vanilla essence and dissolved gelatine. Stir in melted chocolate. Mix well.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the cooled pastry case and chill until set.
- Before serving, pile the berries in the middle of the tart and dust with icing sugar.