Chocolate Black Bean Brownie
Black beans add texture and an extra nutrient hit to this decadent brownie, but no one would ever guess they were there! Psyllium absorbs water and is a good source of dietary fibre.
View the method
- 400g can Pams Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Pams Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/3 cup Pams Superfoods Raw Cacao Powder
- ¾ cup Pams Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Pams Finest Vanilla Extract
- 3 Pams Free Range Eggs
- ½ cup Pams Superfoods Spelt Flour
- 1 teaspoon Pams Superfoods Psyllium Husk
- 1 teaspoon Pams Baking Powder
- 100g Pams Finest Dark Chocolate Block, roughly chopped
- 70g Pams Chopped Walnuts
Back to ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 27 x 18cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Place all of the ingredients aside from the chocolate and walnuts into the bowl of a food processor and process until almost smooth (there will still be little flecks of black beans).
- Add the chocolate and walnuts and pulse for a couple of seconds until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes or until firm on the top.
- Allow to cool before slicing into squares.