Coconut Chicken Salad
This salad is fresh, tasty and kind on the wallet!
View the method
- ¼ cup Pams Desiccated Coconut
- 1 can Pams Lite Coconut Cream
- 2 pinches dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 Pams Free Range Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Pams Iceberg Lettuce
- 8 Pams Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Large handful of chopped Pams Cucumber
- ¼ cup Pams Peanuts, chopped
- ¼ cup basil and coriander leaves
Back to ingredients
- Toast the coconut in a small frying pan over a gentle heat until just golden.
- Once coloured, transfer the coconut from the pan into a small bowl to prevent it from cooking further.
- Pour the coconut cream, chilli flakes, fish sauce, garlic, lime or lemon juice and ginger into a saucepan. Fill the coconut cream can with water and add to the pan as well.
- Gently poach the chicken in the coconut liquid for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Allow to cool in the liquid.
- Chop the cooled chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Shred the lettuce and arrange in a salad bowl with the cherry tomatoes, cucumber and chicken. Drizzle over 1/3 cup of the cooled coconut cooking liquid. Gently toss to combine.
- Sprinkle the coconut, peanuts, basil and coriander leaves over the salad.