This coconut ice is the perfect sweet treat to share... Or keep for yourself!
View the method
- 100g Pams Butter
- 1 cup Pams Milk
- 6 cups Pams Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Pams Salt
- 1 cup Pams Desiccated Coconut
- 2 tsp coconut essence
- 2 drops red food colouring, or colour of your choice
Back to ingredients
- Place the butter, milk, icing sugar and salt in a saucepan and heat gently until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil and keep the heat sufficient to just maintain the boil, stir occasionally until the mixture reaches a soft ball stage.
- Add the coconut and coconut essence and remove from the heat. Cool for 5 - 10 minutes and then beat until the mixture thickens.
- Divide the mix in half and add food colouring to one half and mix well. Pour white layer and then the pink layer into a greased and lined tin (20 x 20cm). Allow to cool and cut into squares.