Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Pie
Sneak some vegetables into your kid's meal with this great chicken and vegetable pie!
View the method
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 400g boneless, skinless chicken, cubed
- 1 onions, diced
- 1 ½ cups cubed pumpkin
- 2 cups buttons mushrooms, quartered
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ frozen peas
- 3 Tbsp fresh herbs, chopped or 1 tsp dried herbs
- 1/3 c cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 sheets Pams Flaky Puff Pastry, defrosted
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion for a few minutes. Add the chicken and cook until browned. Add the pumpkin and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes then sprinkle over the flour and stir through.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes then stir in the stock. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring for 5 more minutes. Add the peas, herbs and cream, season with salt and pepper.
- Pile the chicken filling into a pie dish. Brush one sheet of Pams Flaky Puff Pastry with a little water and cover with the other sheet.
- Roll out a little pastry to fit the size of your pie dish. Cover the filling with pastry and trim the edges. Cut a small hole in the centre of the pie and then brush the top with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden.