Easy Lasagne Recipe
Family coming round for dinner? Fancy knocking their socks-off with a classic Italian meal? Try this quick and recipe for a tasty beef lasagne.
View the method
- 400g beef mince
- Cooking oil
- 1 large onion (finely diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 500g jar pasta sauce
- 420g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- 250g packet instant lasagne sheets
- 130g bag baby spinach
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 500g Cottage Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Back to ingredients
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C.
- Lightly oil a large frying pan - cooking oil is fine but olive oil, while a bit more expensive, results in a better taste.
- Sauté the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the beef mince and cook until browned, making sure not to burn your onion and garlic.
- Once browned, add the pasta sauce and tomatoes, combine, heat through and season to taste.
- Line the bottom of your dish with one layer of lasagne sheets. If the corners of the sheets bunch up at the corner of the dish, simply snap off those corners and discard them to ensure the lasagne cooks right through.
- Top with a layer of the mince sauce mixture, a tablespoon of the peas, a layer of spinach and a table spoon of cottage cheese.
- Continue this layering process, ending with the cottage cheese and a good covering of cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes before serving with your choice of salad or vegetables.