Fast Microwave Baked Potato
Fuel kids for sport and school with a baked potato. At less than 50 cents, microwave baked potatoes make a fast and easy breakfast or lunch.
View the method
- 5 potatoes
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder, optional
- 1/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Back to ingredients
- Scrub potato to remove any dirt.
- Pierce potato skin with a fork about 3 or 4 times.
- Microwave whole, unpeeled potato in the microwave until soft - about 3 to 4 minutes per potato.
- Have plain as a fast breakfast on the run - just grab and go.
Or if you have a bit more time to sit down, try a baked potato topped with baked beans, spaghetti, creamed corn or tuna. Generously fill with your chosen fillings, such as tomatoes, grated cheese, baked beans, pickles, hummus, spring onion, chives, creamed corn, mushrooms, or tinned tuna. Use any combination of your favourite fillings. So easy the kids can make their own!