Fattoush with Crispy Lamb
Fattoush is strictly a Lebanese salad, but we’ve added it to our collection of tapas to freshen the palate. Crunchy bites of pita bread, covered in sumac and a tahini dressing gives this dish a wonderful hint of summer.
View the method
- 250g Prime Lamb Mince
- 1tsp crushed chilli
- salt and pepper
- 2 large pita breads, cut into segments and toasted
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce
- 3 tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- bunch of radishes
- 2 tbsp ground sumac
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- salt and ground fresh pepper to taste
- balsamic syrup for garnish
Back to ingredients
- Prepare the minced lamb by frying with the onions and chilli in a splash of oil, over a moderate heat. The mince should be crispy and well browned. Season with salt and fresh black pepper.
- Then combine all the remaining salad ingredients including the lemon juice and sumac, together in a bowl.
- Grab a platter and build layers of salad, crispy lamb and pita crisps and serve immediately drizzled with balsamic syrup!