Herbed Chicken Patties with Garlic Mayonnaise
These chicken patties make for a tasty meal and are open to a range of variations.
View the method
- 300g chopped cooked chicken
- 1 egg
- 125ml sour cream
- 70g Pams Wholegrain Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Pams Plain Flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten, extra
- 140g Pams Wholegrain Breadcrumbs, extra
- Pams Canola Oil, for shallow-frying
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed (garlic mayo)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (garlic mayo)
- 1 egg yolk (garlic mayo)
- 1 egg (garlic mayo)
- 250ml (1 cup) Pams Canola Oil (garlic mayo)
Back to ingredients
- Blend or process chicken until fine. Transfer chicken to bowl, stir in egg, cream, breadcrumbs, mustard, onion and herbs; mix well.
- Divide mixture into 8 patties. Toss patties in flour, shake away excess flour. Dip patties into extra eggs, then extra breadcrumbs; press crumbs on firmly.
- Cover, refrigerate for 1 hour. Shallow fry patties in hot oil until lightly browned and heated through. Serve with garlic mayonnaise.
- To make the garlic mayonnaise, process the garlic, lemon juice, egg yolk and egg until smooth. Add oil gradually in a thin stream while motor is operating; process until thick.