- 2 x Edmonds Shaker Pancakes - Buttermilk (325g)
- 1 bottle Pams Cream (300ml)
- 1 bottle Chelsea Maple Syrup
- Strawberries (250g)
- 2 x bananas
1. Follow the instructions on the Edmonds packets to make a big batch of pancake mixture.
2. Heat a frying pan. You may want to add a little butter or oil to stop the hotcakes from sticking.
3. Use a ladle to pour out small pikelet-sized rounds of mixture into your pan. Cook the hotcakes in batches, being careful not to crowd the pan. Turn them over when bubbles start to appear on the surface.
4. You can keep the first batch warm by putting them on a plate in the oven on a low temperature while you cook the rest
5. Arrange the hotcakes on a platter. Pour over some maple syrup and arrange some whipped cream and chopped fruit on top.
6. Serve with extra cream, chopped fruit and maple syrup on the table for people to help themselves.
Feeding the family at Christmas is extra savey when you shop at PAK’nSAVE – just ask Kathrine Lynch from Busy Happy Kids. With Kathrine’s tips and some smart shopping for New Zealand’s lowest prices at PAK’nSAVE, you can serve up a traditional Christmas breakfast for eight people, for $55.
This recipe is part of her savey brunch menu, found here.