Kids love these and they are a great small lunchbox treat.
View the method
- 175 g butter
- ¾ cup (185 g) Pams icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (180 g) Pams plain flour
- 3 tbsp (55 g) cornflour
- ¼ cup Pams jam
Back to ingredients
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C. Lightly grease a baking tray or line with baking paper.
- Beat butter and icing sugar until pale and creamy(about 5 minutes). Add vanilla and then flours and mix well. Roll the mixture into small balls and place on the prepared tray, then press a hollow into the centre of each. Bake for 15–20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully spoon jam into the hollows, then return to the oven for 4 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and then store in an airtight container.
Images from The Great New Zealand Baking Book copyright © Lottie Hedley