Lemon Butter Asparagus
Super quick to prepare - fresh asparagus makes and ideal side dish for almost any meal.
View the method
- 3 bunches of asparagus
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper
Back to ingredients
- Prepare the asparagus by trimming off the thick bottom of the stalk.
- Steam the asparagus until they are just cooked.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan and add the asparagus to the pan, toss to coat with the butter.
- Add the juice of half a lemon.
- Garnish with the rind of 1 lemon and season with salt and pepper.
Tip: Fresh is best! Asparagus is typically in season in New Zealand in spring and early summer.