Chicken filo parcels
Don't be afraid of filo. This recipe walks you through, step by step, to create these light, buttery chicken parcels like a seasoned chef.
View the method
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
- 1 brown onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- 1 small red capsicum
- 100g butter
- 1 small green capsicum
- 12 sheets of filo pastry
- 250g cream cheese salt and pepper to season
- 1 cup of grated cheese (mozzarella is the best)
Back to ingredients
- Dice chicken and brown off in a frying pan. Once cooked, set aside to cool. Sauté onion, capsicum and garlic until soft.
- In a mixing bowl, place the cooked chicken and sautéed vegetables. Add the cream cheese, grated cheese and chicken stock. Season to taste.
- Melt butter (this is the glue for your parcels). To make your parcels, layer three sheets of pastry and brush with the melted butter. Place a portion of the mixture at one end of the filo, leaving space to fold over at each end. Roll over once and fold in the ends.
- Brush the folded area with melted butter. Roll up the remaining pastry to make your parcel. Cook in a 180°C oven for 15 minutes or until brown. Serve with fresh garden salad and your favourite dressing.