Peanut Boost Balls
A healthy and tasty sweet treat.
- 300g blanched peanuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
Preheat the oven to 180⁰C.
1. Place the peanuts on an oven tray and roast in the oven until they are lightly toasted (keep an eye on them while roasting).
2. Crush the roasted peanuts in a food processor, or place in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
3. Cut the dates in half and place in a saucepan, add ¾ cup of water to the saucepan and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Leave to cool.
4. Lightly toast the coconut in a frying pan.
5. Sift the cocoa into a large bowl, add the dates, ¼ cup of the coconut and the crushed peanuts. Stir to combine.
6. Roll into tablespoon size balls and cover with the remaining coconut.