Perfect Poached Eggs
Poached eggs are easy once you know how. Get kids' brains and bodies pumping with this yummy breakfast.
View the method
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices wholegrain bread, toasted
- White vinegar
Back to ingredients
- Fill a saucepan or deep frying pan with about 5cm of water and add a splash of vinegar (helps the egg keep its shape).
- Bring the water to a gentle simmer.
- One at a time, break eggs into a saucer or shallow cup. Then slide the egg into the water.
- As soon as the water starts simmering again, turn off the heat and cover saucepan with lid.
- Stand for about 2 minutes, or until the egg white has set.
- Lift the eggs out of water with a slotted spoon. Drain well.
- Serve on wholegrain toast with freshly ground black pepper.
For more tasty, easy breakfast ideas go to https://myfamily.kiwi/foods