Raspberry Sponge Cake
This sponge cake is a great dessert idea!
View the method
- 4 large eggs, separated (room temp)
- ¾ cup Pams White Sugar
- ¾ cup cornflour
- 2 tablespoons Pams Custard Powder
- 3 teaspoons Pams Baking Powder
- ½ cup Pams Raspberry Jam (filling)
- 1½ cups Pams Icing Sugar (icing)
- 25g Pams Butter melted (icing)
- Cold water (icing)
- Raspberry essence (icing)
- 1 drop red food colouring (icing)
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line two cake tins (23cm).
- Beat egg whites, slowly add sugar, beat until stiff and sugar dissolved. Add yolks, mix well.
- Sift together dry ingredients and gently fold into the mixture.
- Pour half the mix into each tin and bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool cakes on a wire rack.
- Blend icing sugar, butter, essence and colouring, adding water until mix is spreadable.
- Spread one sponge with jam, place second on top and ice.