Red Wine Marinated Leg of Lamb
Marinating a whole leg of lamb in wine makes a sensational roast.
View the method
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 whole leg of lamb
Back to ingredients
- Take note of the weight of lamb. Place the leg of lamb into a large lidded container and pour over the wine, bayleaf, peppercorns and onion.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight, turning to coat in the wine.
- Spit roast in an enclosed BBQ or oven at 180°C allowing 30 minutes per 500 grams.If you do not have a spit roast attachment, roast on a rack above a roasting dish for the times given above.
- Stand 20 minutes before carving. Serve with a salad or BBQ grilled vegetables.