Rice Crispy Eggs
These treats are super simple to make, and only need 3 ingredients for the basic mixture.
View the method
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Cups Rice Crispy cereal
- 3 Cups Marshmallows
- Mini chocolate chips
- melted chocolate for dipping
- food colouring
Back to ingredients
- Melt butter in a medium pot.
- Add 3 cups of marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted, then take the pan off the heat.
- If adding food colouring, add it now and mix well
- Add rice crispy cereal and mix until it is completely covered with the marshmallow mixture. Allow the mixture to cool slightly so you can handle it.
- Add any additional treats now - chocolate chips, sweets, sprinkles, and mix well.
- Take small handfuls of the mixture and use your hands to mould into Easter Eggs shapes. You can also mould the mixture using egg shape moulds, chocolate moulds or cupcake tins if you prefer.
- Keep the rice crispy eggs in the fridge so they maintain their shape.
- Once chilled, the eggs can be dipped in chocolate for an extra chocolatey kick!