Rocky road is a fun and tasty homemade treat the whole family will love.
View the method
- 750 g chocolate (I use a mixture of milk and dark)
- 1 cup (150 g) blanched peanuts
- ½ cup (60 g) pistachio nuts
- ½ cup (70 g) Brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup (65 g) thread coconut or coconut chips
- 180 g pink and white marshmallows
Back to ingredients
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Grease or line a 20 cm x 25 cm slice tin.
- Break chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water. As soon as the chocolate starts to melt, turn the heat off, leave for a few minutes and then gently stir until smooth.
- While chocolate is melting, place nuts in a baking dish and roast for around 8 minutes or until golden. Add coconut to the dish and toast for a further minute or two until the coconut is lightly coloured. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Roughly chop marshmallows – kitchen scissors are good for this job.
- Pour a thin layer of chocolate into the prepared slice tin and then cover with a layer of nuts, coconut and marshmallows. Cover with more chocolate and then remaining nuts, marshmallows, and lastly all the remaining chocolate. Refrigerate to set and then chop into chunks.