Sang Chow Boy
So light tasty and super fast. This is a crunchy and delicious way to eat pork. You can easily replace the pork mince with beef or chicken.
View the method
- 500g Pork Mince
- sesame oil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 iceberg lettuce - take the leaves apart and rinse well
Back to ingredients
- Fry the pork mince in a dash of sesame oil. It’s very fragrant, so just a smidgen will do. Break up any large pieces and fry until nicely browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except of course the lettuce) and stir through until well blended. Let the mixture simmer over the heat for a good 10 minutes until well cooked.
- Rush this to the table with a bowl of lettuce cups, and get everyone to make up their sang chow boy while it's piping hot.
- We love steamed pork buns which you can pick up ready frozen at any good Asian food store. Simply steam, from frozen, over water in a bamboo steamer or the steamer in your saucepan set, while you are making up the mince mixture. Drizzle with a little sweet chilli sauce and together with the Sang Chow Boy you have a delicious meal in minutes.