Easy slow cooker mince burrito recipe
Your trusty slow cooker can be used for a lot more than just casseroles. This simple four-ingredient burrito mince recipe can be prepared in advance and frozen, so all you need to do is defrost and throw it in the slow cooker to get the protein sorted for your weeknight fiesta.
- 400g beef mince
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Burrito Spice Mix
Ingredients for side dishes
- 8 wraps
- 1 lettuce
- 3 tomatoes
- ½ cup (64 grams) sour cream
- 1 cup (128 grams) cheese
1. In a snaplock bag, add all ingredients and freeze.
2. Remove from the freezer the night before so it defrosts overnight.
3. Place ingredients in a slow cooker and cook for 4-5 hours on low.
4. If there is quite a bit of liquid, thicken with 2 Tbsp flour mixed with a small amount of water and stir through, cook on high for 10-15 mins to thicken up. Add more flour/water mix if needed.
5. Serve your burrito mince with wraps, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream.