Easy Chicken Teriyaki slow cooker recipe
Teriyaki is a popular Japanese sauce made from soy, brown sugar, ginger and vinegar (or mirin). Usually served with chicken, teriyaki is an extra delicious dish that everyone in the house will love. For a vegetarian alternative, try using tofu instead of a chicken or load your slow cooker up with hearty root vegetables.
- 400g chicken breast, diced
- ¼ onion, diced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tsp dried sesame seeds
Ingredients for side dishes
- 400g udon noodles
- 1 broccoli
1. In a snaplock bag, add all ingredients and freeze.
2. Remove from the freezer the night before so it defrosts overnight.
3. Place ingredients in a slow cooker and cook for 4-5 hours on low.
4. If there is quite a bit of liquid, thicken with 2 Tbsp flour mixed with a small amount of water and stir through, cook on high for 10-15 mins to thicken up. Add more flour/water mix if needed.
5. Serve your chicken teriyaki garnished with sesame seeds and spring onion. Serve with udon noodles and steamed broccoli.