Honey & Garlic Chicken slow cooker
Sticky, succulent chicken falling off the bone. What more could you want? The combo of honey and garlic makes this a deliciously sweet and savoury dish you’ll be adding to your meal plans every week.
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
Ingredients for side dishes
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups green beans
1. In a snaplock bag, add all ingredients and freeze.
2. Remove from the freezer the night before so it defrosts overnight.
3. Place ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours; until chicken is fully cooked and coming off the bone easily.
4. If there is quite a bit of liquid, thicken with 2 Tbsp flour mixed with a small amount of water and stir through, cook on high for 10-15 mins to thicken up. Add more flour/water mix if needed.
5. Serve your honey garlic chicken thighs with rice and steamed green beans.