Easy lamb casserole slow cooker recipe
Serve up a warm bowl of lamb and lots of healthy veggies next winter evening. You can add any of your favourite hearty vegetables to this slow cooker casserole. Why not try adding broccoli in the last hour of cooking to add some texture and greens? Make it your own!
- 6 lamb shoulder chops
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 parsnips, diced
- 1 kumara, diced
- ¼ pumpkin, diced
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 packet Slow Cooker Lamb Shanks Mix
Ingredients for side dishes
- 4 potatoes
1. In a snaplock bag, add all ingredients and freeze.
2. Remove from the freezer the night before so it defrosts overnight.
3. Place ingredients in a slow cooker and cook for 5-6 hours on low; until the lamb is coming away from the bone easily.
4. If there is quite a bit of liquid, thicken with 2 Tbsp flour mixed with a small amount of water and stir through, cook on high for 10-15 mins to thicken up. Add more flour/water mix if needed.
5. Season your lamb casserole and serve with mashed potatoes.