Easy sweet & sour pork slow cooker recipe
Say goodbye to takeout and hello to healthy home cooked meals that taste just as good (if not better). This slow cooker sweet and sour pork recipe will give you tender, juicy pieces of pork in a thick, zesty sauce that will have both you and the kids coming back for seconds. For an even healthier meal, try swapping the brown sugar for honey or serving with brown rice.
- 400g pork, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 small can pineapple pieces and juice
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tin baby corns
Ingredients for side dishes
- 2 cups rice
- 2 carrots
1. In a snaplock bag, add all ingredients and freeze.
2. Remove from the freezer the night before so it defrosts overnight.
3. Place ingredients in a slow cooker and cook for 5-6 hours on low.
4. If there is quite a bit of liquid, thicken with 2 Tbsp flour mixed with a small amount of water and stir through, cook on high for 10-15 mins to thicken up. Add more flour/water mix if needed.
5. Serve your sweet and sour pork with rice and steamed carrots.