Easy Vegetarian Curry Slow Cooker
Adding a vegetarian meal once a week is great to ensure you’re getting those 5+ A Day. This simple vegetarian curry is easy to throw together and packs loads of flavour. If you’re vegan, or cooking for anyone with a restrictive diet, check the ingredients on your red curry paste and avoid any that list shrimp or fish sauce. Try this out with any other curry paste — it works just as well!
- 3 large kumara, diced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tin coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp sugar
Ingredients for side dishes
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups green beans
1. In a snaplock bag, add all ingredients and freeze.
2. Remove from the freezer the night before so it defrosts overnight.
3. Place the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook for 4-5 hours on low, or until the kumara is cooked through.
4. If there is quite a bit of liquid, thicken with 2 Tbsp flour mixed with a small amount of water and stir through, cook on high for 10-15 mins to thicken up. Add more flour/water mix if needed.
5. Season and serve with plain rice and steamed green beans. Garnish with coriander.