Split Yellow Pea Dahl Curry
A tasty and exotic curry.
View the method
- 1 ½ cups Pams Split Yellow Peas (washed and drained)
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup reduced salt vegetable stock
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 slices fresh ginger (unpeeled)
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp. Pams Canola Oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
Back to ingredients
- Combine the split peas in a heavy pot with the water and stock. Bring to the boil and remove any surface scum. Add the turmeric and ginger slices.
- Cover, but leave the lid slightly open, turn the heat to low and simmer gently for 1½ hours stirring in the last half hour to prevent sticking.
- Remove the ginger slices and add the garam masala, stir to combine. Heat the oil in a small frying pan until hot, add cumin seeds and garlic, stir fry until garlic is lightly browned, add the red chilli powder, stir and add the entire mix to the split peas.
- Stir to combine. Serve garnished with fresh coriander and fresh naan bread or rice.