Sticky Asian Chicken
This is a delicious and quick chicken breast recipe that doesn’t require a long list of ingredients. Serve with sticky rice and steamed Asian greens.
View the method
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Pams ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Pams cracked black pepper
- 4 Pams fresh peeled garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Pams sweet chilli sauce
- 1/3 cup Pams soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Pams balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons boiling water
Back to ingredients
- Combine the ginger, black pepper, garlic, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil over a low heat, stirring often.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water and drizzle into sauce, whisking as you go.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place the chicken breasts in a dish with half the sauce. Toss to coat well. If you have time, leave in the fridge to marinate for an hour or overnight.
- If you are hungry right now, heat a heavy based frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes each side, basting with extra sauce as you go. Remove from pan and cover with tin foil to rest for a few minutes.
- Slice and serve with rice and greens.
- Drizzle any remaining sauce over the whole dish and scatter over some sliced Pams spring onion, toasted sesame seeds and sliced chilli if you’re feeling brave.