Last updated: 6 June 2023.
Welcome to Savey Meal-bot™, a free service aimed to help you reduce food waste and keep costs down by helping you create recipes with the food you already have at home.
Savey Meal-bot™uses a generative artificial intelligence tool (AI tool) to create recipes in response to your recipe query. By using Savey Meal-bot™ you are interacting directly with the AI tool and as a result, we make no representations as to the accuracy, relevance or reliability of the recipe content that is generated.
Savey Meal-bot™is operated by Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited (PAK’nSAVE and we, our or us). PAK’nSAVE is a related company of the Foodstuffs group, comprising Foodstuffs North Island Limited, Foodstuffs South Island Limited, Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited, any affiliate, subsidiary or related company of those Foodstuffs entities and any Foodstuffs member franchisee store (together, Foodstuffs).
These Terms may be varied by us at any time. Unless otherwise stated, amendments to these Terms will be effective when we notify you of the change by posting the amended Terms on Savey Meal-bot™.
We do not charge any fees for your use of Savey Meal-bot™and you may stop using the Savey Meal-bot™at any time.
1. In these Terms:
Input means the ingredient information that you input into Savey Meal-bot™based on the ingredients that you have available at home;
Output means the response that Savey Meal-bot™provides to you, based on your Input, suggesting a recipe or recipes that you may create using the ingredients included in your Input;
Savey Meal-bot™ means the web application available at saveymeal-bot.co.nz; and
Virus means any virus, Trojan horse, worm, backdoor or other element that may disable, harm or otherwise prevent the operation of any computer software, hardware or network, or any telecommunications service, equipment or network.
Your obligations when using Savey Meal-bot™
2. By using the Savey Meal-bot™, you agree that you:
(a) will only use Savey Meal-bot™for the purpose of producing recipes for your personal use;
(b) are at least 18 years old;
(c) are living in New Zealand;
(d) have read and understood these Terms; and
(e) will comply with all applicable laws and these Terms in using Savey Meal-bot™.
3. You must not:
(a) use Savey Meal-bot™ or the Output for any commercial purposes, or any purpose other than your own personal use;
(b) use Savey Meal-bot™for any unlawful, harmful or objectional purpose, including to generate content that is hateful, harassing or violent, that depicts the abuse or exploitation of any person, that is fraudulent or violates the rights or privacy of any person, or to provide any financial, political or health related advice;
(c) input or include any of the following information into Savey Meal-bot™:
(i) any personal information (as that term is defined in the Privacy Act 2020);
(ii) any illegal substance, or any reference to, or inference to, an illegal substance;
(iii) alcohol; or
(iv) any non-food item, or item that is not safe for, or recommended for, human consumption.
(d) copy, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, change, or otherwise distribute, license, sub-licence or transfer Savey Meal-bot™in any form;
(a) extract or re-use any part of Savey Meal-bot™. In particular, you may not use any data mining, robots, scraping or similar tools to extract any materials from any part of Savey Meal-bot™;
(b) republish or recreate any content that features Savey Meal-bot™or the Output;
(e) use any of our, or Foodstuffs’, trade names, logos or other intellectual property;
(f) access Savey Meal-bot™to build a product or service which is the same as or similar to Savey Meal-bot™, or which otherwise competes with Savey Meal-bot™;
(g) attempt to disable or undermine any security or technical measures used by us; or
(h) transmit any Viruses through Savey Meal-bot™.
4. You are solely responsible for your Input.
5. As between you and us, Savey Meal-bot™is our property and, to the extent permitted by law, we will own the Output. We grant you a right to use Savey Meal-bot™and the Output only as expressly permitted under these Terms.
6. As the Output is generated by the AI tool, we do not guarantee that the Output does not infringe third party intellectual property rights and you use the Output at your own risk.
7. You must not submit any information to Savey Meal-bot™other than the Input.
8. We do not collect or process, or require you to provide, any personal information (as that term is defined in the Privacy Act 2020) in order to use or while using Savey Meal-bot™. We are not responsible for any loss or harm you may suffer where you choose to include any personal information in Savey Meal-bot™.
9. You grant us an irrevocable, transferrable, royalty free and perpetual licence to use your Input to provide Savey Meal-bot™.
10. You acknowledge that your Input may be used to train the AI tool.
Our responsibilities and liability
11. You have various rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 which we cannot exclude in these Terms. Nothing in the following paragraphs is intended to limit those rights, but we exclude all other implied terms to the fullest extent permitted.
12. In particular (and without limiting clause 11) we do not promise that:
(a) Savey Meal-bot™will always be available, either in its current form or at all;
(b) your use of Savey Meal-bot™will be uninterrupted or error-free;
(c) Savey Meal-bot™or the Output is accurate, reliable, up-to-date or adequate;
(d) Savey Meal-bot™or the Output will meet your requirements or be fit for a particular purpose;
(e) Savey Meal-bot™will operate on all types of devices; or
(f) Savey Meal-bot™will be secure or free from Viruses.
13. The Output is generated by an AI tool and is not generated by or reviewed by a human being. Due to the nature of generative AI tools, the Output may be inaccurate or include errors. The developers of the AI tool disclaim any and all responsibility for any inaccuracies, omissions, or errors in the AI-generated content, as well as any loss, damage, or harm that may arise from the use or reliance on the AI-generated content. By using Savey Meal-bot™, you agree to assume full responsibility for your use of the Output and any consequences that may arise. You should evaluate and ensure you are comfortable with the Output using your own discretion and judgement prior to relying on or using it.
14. Subject to clause 11 but otherwise to the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude any and all liability we may have to you or any other person under or in connection with:
(a) your use of Savey Meal-bot™and the Output;
(b) your failure to comply with these Terms;
(c) any fault or malfunction in Savey Meal-bot™that is outside of our reasonable control; or
(d) any Virus that affects or is introduced into Savey Meal-bot™or the Services other than as a result of our negligence.
15. We may, without consultation or notification, modify or cease access to the Savey Meal-bot™. These Terms are the entire agreement between you and us in relation to Savey Meal-bot™. No term or condition of these Terms will be deemed to have been waived by us and no breach or default by you will be deemed to have been excused by us unless the waiver or excuse is in writing and signed by our authorised representative. If any part of these Terms is judged invalid or unenforceable it will be excluded, and the remainder of these Terms will continue to operate. We may sub-contract, assign or transfer all or any part of our rights and obligations under these Terms without your consent. These Terms are governed by the laws of New Zealand. Should you wish to take any action against us relating to Savey Meal-bot™or these Terms, you agree that any such action must be taken in the New Zealand courts.