Honey and soy chicken drumsticks
Honey soy is a sweet and savoury marinade that’s perfect for feeding the family. Kids love this sticky sweet marinade, and the adults will chow down too! The best part is how easy this recipe is — no mess, no faff. This recipe is a part of our Chicken Drumstick Recipe Collection.
- 1.6 kg chicken drumsticks
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Mix together all ingredients except sesame seeds in a bowl, then add the sauce and drumsticks to a large snaplock bag.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- When you are ready to cook, preheat the oven to 220° C.
- Arrange drumsticks on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle over sesame seeds. Serve.
Serve these chicken drumsticks with Stir fried broccoli or on top of white rice.
Why does my chicken look black when cooking?
The honey in the recipe can cause the skin to brown and crisp up quicker, but watch closely to make sure your chicken drumsticks aren’t burning! If they seem to be burning, lower the temperature of your oven and make sure to flip the drumsticks halfway through.
Should I cover the drumsticks while they bake in the oven?
No, you should not cover them. You want the skin to brown, and you want the chicken to be crispy. Covering the drumsticks will result in a steaming effect and your drumsticks will not have the crispy consistency you crave!